What I am doing: Today I was given a story about mental health from my teacher. I had to highlight all of the key points and make a critical thinking question related to the story.
ames just moved from B.C. to a school in Ontario. As a grade 8 student, moving half way through a school year, he's having a hard time adjusting to all this change. He feels the reasons for his move are private, and he's not comfortable discussing them with anyone, but people keep asking about it. He feels like after the first two weeks in his new class he doesn't want to be friends with anyone. His teacher, along with the work being assigned, seems so different from what he was doing out west. James is becoming very stressed out. Just recently, he verbally abused his bus driver on his way to school and was given a suspension.
- James is having a hard time adjusting to all of the change of a new school.
- His reasons for moving are private and doesn't want to be friend with anyone.
- School is much different than what he is used to.
- He is becoming very stressed.
- verbally abused his bus driver and was given a suspension.
What should James do to help himself, and why should he do this? Please use information other then your own knowledge to answer the question.